Liquor, Hospitality and Events
Dealing with liquor matters, hospitality and event proposals is not recommended without professional assistance. This is because of:
- The complex and relatively harsh regulatory and administrative regime of the Department of Racing Gaming and Liquor in WA; and
- The myriad of different planning, environmental health and liability issues that arise in hospitality and events.
At Peter May McAuliffe Legal, our lawyers are experienced in:
- Applications for (and objections to) new liquor licenses;
- Transfer of liquor licenses;
- Applications for extended trading permits;
- Applications for variations to license conditions and alteration/redefinitions; and
- Representing licensees who are the subject of a complaint.
We have experience in assisting clients with many south west events over the years, including various wine and beer related events, music festivals and concerts and many other sporting events.
We have assisted in obtaining relevant approvals, liaising with government authorities, dealing with local councils and Police, preparing risk management plans, preparing noise management plans and obtaining appropriate liquor licences. This experience has included dealing with convoluted and contentious issues surrounding licence conditions.